Monday, July 16, 2012

Eek! Opening post!

So I did it...

I finally am giving blogging a real shot. I'm not really sure why, but I decided today was the day. I'm also very initimadated by the first post. Hopefully years down the road when I'm a famous blogger (hey, a girl can dream), this post will be hidden deep down in the archives. So let's get this over shall we... Name : Claire Austelle - frequently mispronounced by children under the age of 10.

Blog Name : teaching swELL - I love a good cheesy title. I am currently teaching ELL (or ESL or EL) and I thought it was a cute play on words. Other titles in the running were all's wELL in 3rd grade, everything's swELL in 3rd grade, or one swELL foop.

Grade : after 2 years of computer, 1 year of 2nd ELL, I've now been moved up to 3rd ELL. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I'm working on an amazing team including my roomie. (she'll get a whole post later when I actually have followers)

Objective #1 : I want to share what I learn through personal experiences and others. I've been a blog lurker for over 5 years. I constantly doubt my knowledge of anything new or different. But I've realized that's selfish. I need to share and give back what I have learned to those who help me.

Objective #2 : I want to continue to learn and make connections to teachers. Simple as that.

I'm still thinking of a swELL way of closing each post - fun fact, joke? Suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! So glad you're a blogger now :)It's loads of fun. Can't wait to read all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you by accident today from Lindsay's great blog post on character traits! I teach ELL in Iowa and have not found any great blogs out there to help our students! I've been getting a TON of refugee so if you have any great resources for non-English speakers I would love to hear them! I have 65 students and no time to blog but if I did I would wish it was as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete